SIGGRAPH 2012でOpenGL 4.3に続いてOpenGL ES 3.0の仕様も公開になりました．
- multiple enhancements to the rendering pipeline to enable acceleration of advanced visual effects including: occlusion queries, transform feedback, instanced rendering and support for four or more rendering targets
- high quality ETC2 / EAC texture compression as a standard feature, eliminating the need for a different set of textures for each platform
- a new version of the GLSL ES shading language with full support for integer and 32-bit floating point operations
- greatly enhanced texturing functionality including guaranteed support for floating point textures, 3D textures, depth textures, vertex textures, NPOT textures, R/RG textures, immutable textures, 2D array textures, swizzles, LOD and mip level clamps, seamless cube maps and sampler objects
- an extensive set of required, explicitly sized texture and render-buffer formats, reducing implementation variability and making it much easier to write portable applications.